I'm here too

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

You might be dehydrated if...


One healthy habit to have is always to drink plenty of water especially during a meal
borrowed image
The other day my boyfriend, Ty, who is constantly having neck and upper back pain was complaining again. He knows why, and he won't remedy his situation with a simple solution. I have been telling him for a long time that he doesn't drink enough water, and his muscle pain is largely due to dehydration. People don't want to actually admit how much water they DON'T drink. It's crazy that drinking more water than you lie about could quite possible fix some of your physical ailments ranging from fatigue, muscle pain, stomach aches, constipation, even wight gain!

Image
borrowed image

I had read one of those viral Facebook posts comparing Coke to water. I was reminded of this when he started with his stiff neck lament yesterday, and it sounds like I don't care, but I do..very much. I'm worried that the second most important person in my life is not drinking enough water for no good reason and feeling pain because of it.



borrowed image

There is a really cool page I stumbled upon today when researching for this post and you can find it HERE. It has a great diagram and pictures for people with too little attention span for intense reading:) I enjoyed it very much, it has a lot of information about what exactly in your body is affected, and what parts of your body are mostly made of water i.e. your brain, blood, bones, and muscles.

Most of the time we think we're hungry when in fact we just need water. I'm not referring to replacing meals with water I'm saying that you are not hungry you are thirsty. I personally know people who hate drinking water and convince themselves that sweet no calorie drinks, juice or even soda suffice as hydration, but they don't..not at all. They are essentially sugar and in the case of no calorie beverages they are chemicals. Some times we need to realize that taking better care of ourselves is more important that what our taste buds prefer. Medication doesn't taste good even when they call it "grape" flavored, and if you are experiencing physical pain, upset digestion, fatigue or loss of energy sometimes the solution is clear, cold, refreshing, and sitting in your fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment