I'm here too

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Master Cleanse

Here is a little info on the Master Cleanse I spoke of in the "Ayurveda Lemonade" post from yesterday.

"The Master Cleanse is a Juice Fast. It’s a liquid diet that provides a healthy amount of calories and nutrients specifically suited for weight loss and cleansing, all while resting the digestive system and allowing the body to heal naturally.."  (source)

This fast has been widely practiced and researched since the early 1940's. A lot of people use it to lose weight and that is where you will go wrong. The Master Cleanse is a detoxifying cleanse. Its purpose is to remove the impurities and toxins laying deep within your system. You will definitely lose weight, but it's purpose is to restore the system to a normal healthy state. If you go right back to eating bad food and not hydrating yourself properly you will gain all the weight back...almost immediately.

Remember this is a body cleanse, misusing it as a way to lose weight is not a great idea, starving yourself for the sake of weight loss is NEVER recommended. 

Here are the basic steps to completing the Master Cleanse.


"The Master Cleanse is such a simple program.

First, squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice.
Then add Rich Maple Syrup, and Cayenne Pepper into Pure Water.
Drink a minimum of six to 12 glasses throughout the day whenever one is hungry (For the Lemonade diet recipe with exact measurements, scroll down this page)
Take a laxative before bed.
instead of the morning laxative, you can do the Salt Water Flush." (source)

The laxative portion of the steps is truly optional, but it will more efficiently remove the bad stuff from your body a lot faster.

Check out these links for other sources of information about the Cleanse.

WebMd

Health US News

This is a great read by a lady named OanaWriter who, while making clear she is not an expert, documented her personal experience with the Master Cleanse.

There is always going to be a very skeptical opinion on depriving your body of actual food to "become healthier," and I definitely agree with starving yourself as being a very bad idea, but I have found that once every couple years this has helped me with DETOXIFYING my own body. I am not advocating that anyone reading this should go out and just start an endeavor like this, I'm simply sharing information on an option that deserves research if you are interested.


 *Subscribe to this blog for more great health related 
discussions, and yummy recipes that will go straight to your inbox!

2 comments:

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I really believe this amazing site needs far more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the info!


    my web page: Easy Cleanse Diet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just got done reading all about what you offer, and I think it's so important to have researched information for people to read if they so choose. Thank you for sharing. I would love to find out how to market myself better, if you have any good ideas I would love to hear them!

      Delete