I'm here too

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Could've lost "a" Lb.

I grabbed a small head of cauliflower when I was grocery shopping recently. I was in a little rush so I didn't pay as much attention to the actual size of the "head" I chose. When I was about to cut it open I realized that there was almost more foliage around it than the actual part most of us use. I was irritated and thought, "Geez, I just payed for double the amount I actually got, lame..." Then I started thinking that obviously the whole thing is edible, and I should experiment. I planned on roasting it anyway so I separated the green leafy exterior from the actual cauliflower and trimmed it down to the healthiest looking pieces. Then chopped them into bite size pieces and tossed them into my baking dish, which also moonlights as a cake pan:) I did the same with the white part. I mixed them with a "marinade" of Caesar dressing, small amount of tomato paste, lemon pepper, black pepper, parsley and salt. I included pictures from every stage. The foliage made it that much better. I have done this cauliflower bake many times, but this was the first time with the "WHOLE" thing. The green pieces taste like cauliflower (obviously) but as if it were mixed with celery. I can only image that there's added fiber and vitamins, along with a texture different from the Cauliflower florets. It was a great balance. I bake this at 350° for about 20-25 minutes, or until desired consistency. I like it firm. 

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment