I'm here too

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

New Mommy Menu

This is a way overdue blog post from last week. With our new nephew being born recently and a very tired Mommy, who is tired of a Daddy's version of quick dinner, (fast food:/) I offered to cook a short week of healthy food to help her out. Nothing real fancy just easy, healthy, quick food so she could spend as much time resting as possible. Most of these menu items have been made in previous blog posts with detailed directions and recipes so here is a recap of what I prepared. Sissie is a huge fan of the "Bean Salad" so that was a must, along with Cauliflower, Broccoli salad and Lemon Orzo. She asked for those things specifically and I made a huge post of Chicken Stew, Gluten Free, which was the topic of my last blog post. Pictured last is the Sour Cream and Onion sauce I used for my "Smothered Pork Chops"(recipe from 3-27-14) on a bed of rice pilaf. Not pictured was a container of mini meatballs in a sweet and savory sauce of carrot, onion and garlic that is usually poured over pasta, minus the meatballs and is called " Genovese." I shopped for all these ingredients and then prepared it on a budget of $35.00, it took a little over 4 hours to make 4-5 days worth of food.  



Basil and Parsley Garbanzo salad with Tomatoes


Lemon, Olive oil and Parsley Orzo


Broccoli and Cauliflower salad


Gluten Free Chicken Stew
(There is also a small "how to" video for the Chicken stew at https://www.facebook.com/COOKINGTTREATS ) 


Sour Cream and Onion smothered Rice Pilaf
*For any questions about a specific recipe you can't find please feel free to contact me for individual instructions! ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment