I'm here too

Friday, April 4, 2014

And then there were 6 (Bean Salad)

A little play on words there..:) Which reminds me, last week while slinking through the back alley of a particular North Park neighborhood with The Hunebee, we stumbled upon a couple crates of discarded library books. Beneath the heap of junky magazines were some great finds. I walked away with a small stack of cookbooks, an old copy of "Moby dick" and "Bound for Glory," by Woody Guthrie. It was an added excitement to Monday Menu Madness...I love free stuff. One man's junk was definitely our treasure.

As of this week I have taken on two more people, which puts me at 6 personally tailored menus for the weeks to come. The first is Jesse, The Hunebee's littlest brother, and one of the sweetest boys I know. The second is another one of Vapure's "gems" Zachariah, he works in the awesome Oceanside store with Ty. I was busy before but like I said in "Winner, Winner Chicken dinner..." The more the merrier! It can only give me more to blab about when telling my stories of "Adventures in Monday Menus."

On to a whole new realm of cooking on the side. I want to thank all my friends for giving me the opportunity to hang out in my kitchen all day creating things I hope they'll love!

Here is another one of those great bean salads for The Hunebee.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2

Cost for 1 jar: $3.75

Ingredients:

1 15oz. can of garbanzo beans
1/3 cup roma tomatoes
1/8 cup red bell pepper
1 scallion
1 Tbs. fresh basil
1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
2 Tbs. olive oil
Dash of dried parsley
salt and pepper

Directions:

Rinse beans and set them aside to drain. Dice the tomatoes, and peppers to same medium size and slice a whole scallion. Tear the fresh basil and add vinegar, oil, parsley, salt and pepper, mix. Add the beans and marinate or eat right away.


ENJOY!





*Here is a fun little clip showing how I had to find a much better spot for my "new" old books:)


No comments:

Post a Comment